 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9087
Re: My RCX is HAUNTED
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 05:46:05 GMT

I'm the worst programmer I know, and even I know how not to use 64 IF's. :)

I don't need to point out who won that event, and who did not even have a robot.

Well, let's see.  Rob won the event...and I know he can program--or at least his
dad can.

Who didn't have a robot?  Well, I brought one with Mario.  Hrm.  We can both
program (He wrote the majority of the code, I wrote a small part on a secondary
RCX)...

Who else is in this conversation....Bruce....Within five minutes of the ProjectX
challenge being spawned in 2001, while you were still wondering how to fit 16
cells of data into limited RCX variables (Chris answer:  Avoid variables, just
use IF-THENs!) Bruce was already grinning and mumbling the word "bitmask" to
himself...so Bruce is okay...

...so...what were you trying to point out again? :)

if project X came is second with this Primitive spaghetti code, imagine if I actually
applied myself.

I shudder at that thought.  I think we need to do a bit of analysis on Chris'
ProjectX software.  Steve, get out your notebook again...

macro homey {
homex
homey

Here's your problem!  You're calling a function called "Homex" when you have a
function called "Homey".  Everyone knows calling your homeboys is short for
"homes"  not "homex" (example: "Yo homes, what's the 411 on that new RCX
firmware, G?"

Obvious.

//---------------------start math code

Uh oh.  This is a guy who wanted to know how to do those "Johnny is 18 years
older than Sally..." questions...

start logicx start logicy

Here's another problem: What did Iain tell you about making up words that end
with -y?  We already said torque-y wasn't a real word!

Calum