 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3775
Re: Guess what.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 17:18:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Derek Raycraft writes:
Just ran my bot here at home and I did the anti X in 19.94 seconds with
a placement score of 75.  (7 perfect, 1 good)

I don't know what was so different about the library.  I got none of the
spastic behaviour I was getting at the there.

Its so frustrating. :-(

Derek
Man, that sucks. I loved your robot, and I really wanted to see it work. hte
design was just beautiful. Maybe you can keep it together and show us all
sometime? Maybe we will do pick and place again? I, for one see lots of room
for improvement in my robot. Iain also expressed interest in having another
go. I suppose we are still just a whining minority though. I know I
mentioned this to you at the competition, Derek, but for the others: there
is an easy way to get reliable readings from the light sensors. Just buy a
Lego light, and stick it on top of the light sensor. Those lights are
surprisingly bright with the reflector that focuses the beam. They make the
light sensor values incredibly consistent! I have run my robot in my dark
basement, upstairs, shown it to friends at school, and at the competition
without adjusting my light sensor threshold at all. So, just a thought for
future light sensor applications.
Rob