 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3841
Re: 110 VAC powered lego motors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 05:52:52 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
2.  We (Matthias and I) are working on ways to improve future robots.
as a sub plot, this give him the opportunity to as for schematics for
the RCX even more.

Yes, but the overall plot arc is that you're all still trying to figure out
why your ProjectXen didn't beat Rob or didn't function properly.  And as we
all know, rtlToronto's primary lesson is:

Reality is Hard.

Mario brings in our robot on Monday morning to my cube, and we plug it in
for our coworker to see.  And it doesn't work.  Why?  Who knows.  But the
answer is not "Hey, let's wire up a Tektronix logic analyzer to the second
RCX and see why it's not receiving IR signals" but it's, "let's pull the
thing apart and get working on rtl10.1, rtl11 etc."

As a side note, variacs will NOT be allowed at rtl10.1, rtl11, nor will
lubricants, glues, copies of Milli Vanilli's 1989 hit, Girl You Know It's True.

Calum
Pretend there won't be a ProjectX' *
* - read ProjectX Prime, not ProjectX Apostrophe