 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3843
Re: 110 VAC powered lego motors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:52:12 GMT

I am really liking the idea of having a "simple" competition, combined with
whatever other competition there may be.  The one I'm being drawn to is the
dragsters... and I propose the following...

I will bring black and white electrical tape.  On top of one of the tables
at L.H.S. Library, I will put down the black tape starting at one end, and
ending 1 foot from the other end.  I will then put white electrical tape for
the last foot to the edge of the table.

So the competiton is whoever can go the fastest along the black line but
stop on the white one before falling off the end of the table wins.

Easy to set up, simple to run, fun to watch.  For those of you who are
worried about breaking RCX's 'n such, we could have another table after the
race one, so if your 'bot touches the second table, you lose.

This would not stop your bot from flying off the edge of the table if you go
off the black line.

Let the mayhem ensue

Dave

HI Everybody

Why don't we just do it on the floor and have a line 12" after the finish
line and you can't cross it or you're DQed.  This is less risky and Lego
won't go crashing onto the floor.  I hate that sound now! It hurt to much
the last time I heard it (my X-bot was 6 seconds slower than before the stairs).

  I also suggest that we have an assembly line to assemble something out of
Lego (maybe 4 or 5 pieces like a simple car) for those who want a challenge.
I think that building a dragster would only take a night or two and need a
project for the next 4 months.

Phil