 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3850
Re: 110 VAC powered lego motors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 06:06:22 GMT

I am sorry.  I was doing it from memory, and i thought I did so well by
remembering the combination of "hias" that I forgot the easy part of
Matt.

As you (and all of Lugnet) are aware, I am a very poor speller.  I don't
know why, I always have been, I always will.

That's O.K. Truth be known, It was actually just an excuse to tease
you with the long-running, heavily-worn "Mango" joke.

I have been having almost a parallel conversation with Trevyn.

So why don't you guys share it with the  rest of us? I have to wonder
how much interesting and potentially useful and/or enlightening
information is passed around via e-mail. If the whole idea of having a
lego SIG is to pass on useful information and promote informative
discussion, keeping it in private e-mail would seem almost
counter-productive.

How low could you drop the variac before you noticed the rcx fade?

Don't quote me on this because I didn't actually take a reading, I
just wanted to confirm that the motors would noticably slow down as I
dropped the voltage and confirm that this slow-down point was outside
of the normal Hydro range limits. (which it is, BTW) Anyway, I think
it was around 80VAC.

Matthias Jetleb