 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3838
Re: 110 VAC powered lego motors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 05:29:43 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Matthias Jetleb writes:
at the library accounting for my robot's misbehaviour. I dragged out
my variac (rated at 18A - it ain't light) and powered the RCX with it.

If you've ever wondered what newsgroup you're in on Lugnet, and you read "I
dragged out my variac", you know you're in rtlToronto, because:

a) People here have variacs
b) People here know what variacs are
c) People are not afraid to say they either have or know what a variac is.
d) People are using them to test RCX/ProjectX performance instead of driving
stage lighting or industrial ventilation devices.

:)  They don't talk about stuff like this in .Castle or .Paradisa, thank you.

All of you.  Stop working on ProjectX.  It's over.  Rob won, Chris lost.
Rob is Master Robot Builder.  Get working on robots or I'll have to break
out some X puns to make y'all cringe.

Calum