 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3137
Re: My Entry -- Re: Project X and game play
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 06:27:15 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
BTW has anyone got ideas for our next game or are we going to do the
usual and brainstorm @ mels?

I'm really been impressed with the current Season 6 UK episodes of Junkyard
Wars.  Maybe something inspired from the challenges like the garbage
collection episode?

For this I like to leave all the theft of intellectual property to my
good friend Calum.  YES, that's right folks, MR. Original will be
entering a frankenstien robot, stolen from parts of every other robot
design.

As of right now, I think it will be a gantry robot, (based on my
published design) and a EOAT based on something Iain had lying around.
the Software will be about the only original thing. but that's because
someone else will be programing the robot.

So when did you hold the patent on gantry robots?  I find your accusation
that we would pick YOUR design somewhat insulting--what's so special about
yours?  I remind you that you learned everything from Iain.  Or did you hide
that little gantry robot he built for you under the table away from view
when you built yours?  Right.

About the only thing we've thought about borrowing so far is Iain's EOAT-and
at that, I've built like two revisions of my own I haven't been happy with.

As for originality, how many 24t's to worms have you used in your current
design, Chris? :)  Good simple troll, btw--If you're not happy with the way
I am assembling/building my robot, say so, if you require each robot to be
completely dissimilar, I'll gladly stop building for rtl10.  God only knows
I wouldn't want to show up with a gantry with 24t/worm gripper and 64
if/thens of brute force botcode and be judged "original".

Calum