 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3123
Re: Project X and game play
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 18:33:35 GMT

Chris Magno wrote:

The original game plan was to set up all the robots in a line and have
all the robots run at the same time.

It also makes it tricky for people that build more then one robot.  I was
originally going to do this, however with my current time constraints it
doesn't look like this going to happen.

IT was pointed out to me that if we run all the robots at once the bot
owners would really not get a chance to watch other robots work.

Yes, I definitely want to be able to watch other peoples robots.  To me this
is far more interesting then running my own robot.

I would like to propose that as a solution we run one bot at a time and
time the robot.

I like this plan, although there can be a problem with accurately timing the
robots.

Paired contest would also be ok.  Winning could be based on finishing before
the other guy, that way you don't have to worry about an accurate timer.
Then you could do the round robin playoff kind of thing.

Derek