 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3116
3115  |  3117
Subject:
Project X and game play
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 05:17:55 GMT

While discussing a few items about the contest I has been brought to my
attention that there is a very good chance that many robots entered will
use more than one rcx.

With this assumption, I was wondering how practical it would be to run
our robots simultaneously???

The original game plan was to set up all the robots in a line and have
all the robots run at the same time.

IT was pointed out to me that if we run all the robots at once the bot
owners would really not get a chance to watch other robots work.

the flip side to this is that like always,  if we allow single matches
then robot builders will be squirreled away working on making the bot
better. and will not get to watch bot game play

IF several robots use IR to talk between bricks,  this might make a hard
game even harder.

YES I know that In the past we (and even I) would encourage IR data to
screw up other robots, BUT what would it get us in this game?

I would like to propose that as a solution we run one bot at a time and
time the robot.

this way if you need to use IR you can without fear of interference.

as always, I look for comments.  if you need to reply to me personally
keep in mind that Rogers.com has given me a new e-mail address, so don't
mail me from your address book, unless you have updated it with the
above address.

Chris
Pretend this says something funny