 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3118
Re: Project X and game play
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 14:51:30 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
I would like to propose that as a solution we run one bot at a time and
time the robot.

this way if you need to use IR you can without fear of interference.

as always, I look for comments.  if you need to reply to me personally
keep in mind that Rogers.com has given me a new e-mail address, so don't
mail me from your address book, unless you have updated it with the
above address.

Chris
Pretend this says something funny

We could go head to head, 2 'bots at a time.  It says right on the rules
that anyone using multiple RCX's should build in fault tolerance ;p

For those of us who can do it all with 1 RCX, we're not too worried ;)

Whatever the group decides...

I have a few questions/points:

We talked about playing a tune when the bot thinks it's finished--is this a
rule?

If we are using an x-y system, does the bot have to be 'off the board' when
it starts or when it's done, i.e. no part of the bot is hovering over the
grid before or after the event.

Questions for now.

Dave