 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3138
Re: Video on CD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 06:35:20 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Matthias Jetleb writes:
I suppose this is directed at Calum, or possibly Iian:

Will the train videos in particular (and to a lesser extent, the
robotics events videos) be available on CD (for those of us tortured
souls with dial-up access)?

Yes.  I was chatting with Iain about this and plan to have Vol1:

rtl4-6 video
train1 video
train2 video
rtl9 video

These total 270MB alone.  I also will put in all the photos from all the
rtlToronto events so far.  I figure it's time for a wget -r of the
Peachyserver now anyways.  If I can't fill it up, I can also put in photos
of Legoland Windsor and Billund too.

I think Iain and I agreed the discs should be individual-not a superset.  So
Volume 2 will probably have the train3/rtl10 videos, photos of train3,
train4, rtl10, rtl11, etc.

There was some talk of this a few weeks back. If it will be, what will
be the price of admission - replacement CD's? Money? Nortel Stock?

The former--everyone's who is interested in a rtlToronto CD Vol1, please
bring a blank 80 minute name brand CDR/jewel case* and email me to let me
know how many I need to duplicate.

Calum
* - My burner only seems to like name brand discs.  Sony, Maxell, Mitsui,
Kodak.   Don't really know why, but it was only $40, so...