 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3139
Re: Train 3 Height and Width
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 12:50:51 GMT

"Jeff Van Winden" <Jvwinden@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

This question is posed to Derek and Iain:

will both of your trains and wagons fit through this area (its 15 blocks • and
1 plate in at the highest point....

Oh hellz yeah. I can clear that no problemo! Awesome. :)

(Looks like I *can* make it to train3 after all, btw.)

I think we found at the MONLUG train show that the width of the eluraCar is
extremly disproportionate to the height. It's tall, but it's not wide. It's
an 8wide car (with hand strap secured to the body of the camera so it
doesn't flop all about), but at like 14.1 high (bricks.plates, ie, 0.3 =
1.0). So it tends to make openings in structures really nasty sized :-/

I guess we just have to decide, does the satisfaction people get from
watching the POV clips in the videos outweight the added headaches of
construction? It's something I've been thinking about for a while. I hate to
like, imply that everything HAS to have an opening that big, just for the
camera I happen to have. Feels kinda guilty :-/

I have created a train station (the dark grey region in this image
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=95077 ) and one of the • roof
support pillars, may be in the way, if your wagons, are 15b 1p  (b=brick,
p=plate (for Chris ;-)  )) right across.

WOW! That's a lot of stuff!!

We should all make an effort to take some pictures of how Jeff packs the
stuff in his car, and send them to show Subaru. :)

    Iain