 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3160
Re: Train 3 Height and Width
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 23:41:52 GMT

"Jeff Elliott" <jeffe@telepres.com> wrote in message

Here's what I did:  I have stacked 3 modules.  The North and South face
of
the stack has two vertical 1x2s bolted to each module, and a diagonal
brace bolted to the top and bottom module, making an "N" shape on the
north and south face.

That sound like an idea.... I will probably stack mine that way...

This leaves the East and West faces without anything on them.  So it'll
still go thru the Lillian H Smith doors, cuz it's no wider than a
module.
In practice, it's very stable - my modules are *HEAVY*.  You need 4
extra-long bolts, because four need to go through 3 1x2s (on the
diagonal)

***

<beg>

So can I wheedle a lift from anyone again this time?  Or should I *ick*
rent a van?  My modules are at work now, Richmond East & Ontario...
about
5-6 minutes further than last time, but the elevator should work better
:)

</beg>
I dont mind doing it Jeff, I will have to ensure that the module-stack® will
actually fit in my car of course, I'll get some measurements for
tommorow.....

Jeff VW

Rent a UHaul? :) I'm already pushing the limits of the MagicWagon. 6x
modules stacked, one on side.  Plus some half modules.  I have no idea • how
the American LTCs do it-their airports are larger than my section
altogether! Wow.

In all seriousness, we may need to eventually rent a full-size van and
run around picking people up.  A full van without seats could hold all
the modules in the show, people would just have to get there in people-
movers.  This has the added advantage of reducing parking congestion at
the loading dock, and means everyone's stuff arrives at once, so there
will be plenty of hands available to do the carrying.  Downside: it'll
cost money, and someone will have to spend a few hours doing deliveries.

I've honestly considered buying a used Grand Caravan for added module • space
as my first car.  Wow, Soccer Mom at age 24.  Damn.

Calum

Heh.

Jeff E