 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15818
Re: results...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2006 15:52:21 GMT

<snip>

I think what would be even neater would be to rerun this contest again in a few
months, once people have a chance to see the group behaviour.

Calum

And I think that this competition, being a co-operative one instead of being
pitted against one another is the most unique aspect of this game--the more our
'bots co-operate, the better chances of winning.

I can't think of too many competitions that we've done where that's been the
case.

In the past I've seen people work with one another--Ivan and Johns bridge 'bot,
Steve and Rob's block stackign 'bot, etc.

Heck, I usually get my programming buddy to help me with the code --thus Runamok
Design Team.  I did most of the code this time on my own--but he did help me
last night to get it cleaner and work thru some of the logic issues.

But Project Y--your 'bot has to work with other 'bots.  Yes, in the final
analysis, there's one winner, but there's a winner because all the 'bots
co-operated.

I wnder if we can run other games in which co-operation amongst all the 'bots
determines the winner.

I was thinking that if we do go with NXT at some point, and the light sensor is
as reliable as I've read it to be --i.e. determining colours--I'd like to see a
competiton where the 2x2 blocks in various colours are scattered amongst the
playfield.  Your 'bot has to gather blocks and transfer specific coloured blocks
to specific other 'bots--each 'bot has a colour assigned to it.

That would be interesting...

I'm not sure how scoring would work.

Dave K