 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15808
Re: Gear lash....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2006 13:22:07 GMT

castors are evil.

I've never used them.  I don't really know why one would.

   Trying running a robot around the house, with quarter-inch steps between
hardwood and rug. Sometimes, castors are a neccessary evil. Besides the "no
rubber, minimize friction", there's also the idea of minimizing castor steer by
offsetting the pivot as little as possible.

I've always used those little 2x2 round pads...
I figure they're expendable.

   Or, you can put a small square of black electrical tape over the contact
point. If only LEGO made electrical tape...

--
Brian Davis