 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15816
Re: results...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2006 15:39:09 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

No.  For some reason, it just never captured my interest.  Here's what I expect:

This game didn't really capture my interest but I'm honestly been turned in the
past two weeks.

Calum's stationary box will do well, if he can give out just a few (one or two)
blocks.

Here's hoping.  My greatest fear is how reliable the firing and turning
mechanism will be.

be spent, and will get stuck in a corner.  If the robot can score one point
during the day, Chris will leave with a satisfied look on his face.

All jokes aside, that's usually how Chris operates :)  If he can get one brick
out of the rice....if he can get one marble sorted... :)

will find them, and back onto their tool.  This proves to be one of the most
effective strategies.

Not if no one's moving.  It's a prisoner's dilemma, if everyone is selfish, then
no one will win with that strategy.  I figured I'd jump the gun three weeks out
and announce I was going to be selfish and stay put.  If everyone disconnects
their motors, then no one wins because the cooperation aspect is ruined.

I think what would be even neater would be to rerun this contest again in a few
months, once people have a chance to see the group behaviour.

Calum