 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15805
Re: Gear lash....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2006 04:56:07 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Antonishen wrote:
   BTW: I hav abandoned my bot due to differential drive gear lash and castors...a small memorial gallery is here: http://ffaat.pointclark.net/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=RTL20

If I may comment on the castor issue.

1. Never put rubber tires on casters. 2. Use that funny boat hull piece as a caster whenever possible 3. Never put rubber tires on casters.

The hole issue with casters messing up your direction control revolves around them having too much grip. If they can slip into alinement, then they won’t knock your robot out of alinement. Best of all if you use this piece:

http://peeron.com/inv/parts/2654

It’s all about the slip.

Then there is always the cool soccer ball trapped in chain caster.

Derek