 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15796
Re: Gear lash....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 19:27:14 GMT

<snip>

Forgot to mention where my issues are where the coding's concerned--

I wanted the setup routine to take care of, well, just about everyting--I didn't
wnat to hard-code values into the 'bot but have the 'bot figure out what the
values are.

Values such as the scanner rotation value--I've modified the scanner/gear train
so many times and I was sick of having to modify the hard coded rotation value
every time.  As well, I thought that if the 'bot got confused halfway thru the
competitoin, it could 'reset' itself and find out the value.

As well, I wanted th not hard code the 'ambient light' value--we all know that
as far as the light sensor goes, every time you move the environment, the
ambient light value changes.  So I had the 'bot do a scan right off the bat for
the ambient light.

The problem being is that when the 'bot performs the scan, there'll be other
'bots with their lights already on.  that's not so good --not so ambient.

So I'll have to hard code the light value and the rotation value.

Eh, whatrya gonna do?

Dave K