 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15819
Re: rtl21 - Can Stacking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2006 16:14:30 GMT

<snip>
One of the reasons why I wouldn't want to do 3T is primarily because we did a
similar mechanical game called ProjectX.  We even needed higher resolution as we
demanded people to mesh the ends of studs into each other to score a point.

I have seen some of the Project X stuff... Very, very impressive.

That and I think (and I'm talking out my rear here) the game is deterministic
based on who starts, right?

Somewhat correct.  If both robots play correctly, each game ends in a draw, no
matter who starts.  In these cases, we're basing the winner on total time each
robot takes to play its portion of the game.

But Vitali is right--we do too "harvesting" games where you drive around.  I was
thinking of maybe rope ladders or something.  Maybe that marble balancing game
with (gasp) line following.  Guess we'll discuss AFTER rtl20.

Calum

Not getting up there too often for your games I can't speak from much
experience, but I understand the concern.  I just wanted to let him & the rest
of you know that while tic-tac-toe sounds easy, it isn't something I would
consider an "easier" challenge.  I think it is tougher than C4, and King of the
Hill, which I built robots for, and a few of your other games that I looked at
but didn't compete in.

John