 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15821
Re: rtl21 - Can Stacking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2006 16:53:25 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

I recall Chris saying his PX robot had 64 if statements.  Imagine how many he
will need for a simple game of Tic-Tac-Toe...

   The other fun thing about 3T has been the unexpected. Like the fact that
bouncing blocks are a real problem, and how your opponent places blocks can
effect how accurately you register them. And of course you can play against
humans (a remarkable number of which *don't* seem to know that a perfect 3T game
is always a draw... not that mine's playing perfectly, yet). It has all the
difficulty of building a solution, while needed to take into account opponent
strategies (which are far less predictable). Also, the same idea can be expanded
to other games (I want to do Three Men's Morris just because the hardware
doesn't need any modification, but my son keeps bugging me for chess).

   Also, I've got to repeat the sight of two robots going at it head-to-head is
a blast. I never got to see this with C4, but it is very cool.

--
Brian Davis