 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15789
15788  |  15790
Subject:
rtl21 - Can Stacking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 18:12:16 GMT

Hey folks,

I had an idea for a new game, and I want to float it here--see if there's any
interest.

Previously, I had suggested a "can weighing" game.  Whoever ends up with the
heaviest can wins.  This, in retrospect, isn't that interesting.

My new idea is "Can stacking"...two robots run on a playfield with random cans
of stuff scattered.  Cans of tuna, 4L cans of peaches, cream corn, those little
cocktail sausages...and the robots need to stack them.

The robot with the HEAVIEST _stack_ wins.  This allows for many strategies and
hopefully, different levels of capability.  One complaint I heard about r20 and
r10 was that it was difficult.  In this game, I think an entry level robot would
try and find tuna cans and try and stack those, while ignoring cans of say cream
corn or peaches as "walls".  Meanwhile, another robot may attempt only to find
4L cans of peaches and "cap" them with a can of cocktail sausages.

I would guess 18", unlimited RCX for this one.  Comments?

Calum