 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15812
Re: rtl21 - Can Stacking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2006 14:53:50 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Vitali Furman wrote:
<snip>
I think that something
without that random driving around factor might seem more appealing. Maybe
similar to the connect four competition, but on an easier scale. How about
tic-tac-toe, or maybe something similar.

Vitali

Vitali--

I've got news for you... tic-tac-toe is NOT EASY.  I've been working on a robot
to play 3T for a while now.  I've been finding it HARDER to make a good,
reliable robot than C4.  You can read about our rules here:  www.laflrc.org/3T.
Our board is set up with 5x5 stud squares that we're placing 4x4 cubes into.  It
is not as easy as it sounds to do it accurately & quickly.

One of the things that so far has made it harder than C4 is you have 2 axes of
movement that you have to be accurate on where C4 you really only had 1.

Yes, the logic is significantly easier, but actually building the robot is quite
a challenge.

I'm not saying that you guys shouldn't do it, but don't get the idea that it is
easy to do.

John