 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10945
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto16 Preliminary Rules Released
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 03:19:06 GMT

I have no problem with spooling.

it would be a valid way to solve this.

maybe an easier way to phrase the rule set would be to read:

-your entire robot must be higher then 11 feet off the ground.

this would allow spooling, and make sure people life the entire mass of the robot the
full 11 (or whatever) feet off the ground.

Calum Tsang wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Wayne Young wrote:
This may be construed as nit-picky, but I believe the spirit of the game will
allow the bottom-most part of one's robot to be above where the 11' mark was, or
would be if the rope were still hanging straight down. Am I right? I consider
"climbing" the rope by spooling it to be a valid strategy.

I agree that spooling is a valid strategy.  There are two goals to having the
robot within two marks:

a) Definitively saying if you've "made it".

b) Ruling out people who might leave a portion of the robot behind.

I want to hear additional opinions.

Calum

--
Chris
"It is a very clever strategy IMHO, and I applaud Chris for thinking of it."  K.C.