 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10944
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto16 Preliminary Rules Released
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 03:17:48 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:
I agree that spooling is a valid strategy.  There are two goals to having the
robot within two marks:

a) Definitively saying if you've "made it".

b) Ruling out people who might leave a portion of the robot behind.

I want to hear additional opinions.

The is why Chris' makes a good point when he says the winning robot
should be the one that hits the top mark first, not passes the lower
mark.  If a robot is spooling there is no way to tell when it passes the
lower mark.  So if we say you must make it to the upper mark we can
eyeball that you've passed the lower mark, if you are spooling.

Derek