 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10941
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto16 Preliminary Rules Released
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 01:15:11 GMT

actually, the first to reach the upper mark AND be above the lower mark wins.

to me, you can over run the upper mark, as long as you are past the lower mark.

the lower mark was put in strictly as a way to prevent people from hanging onto the
bottom, and then running a smaller lighter bot to the top.

This may be construed as nit-picky, but I believe the spirit of the game will
allow the bottom-most part of one's robot to be above where the 11' mark was, or
would be if the rope were still hanging straight down. Am I right? I consider
"climbing" the rope by spooling it to be a valid strategy.