 Organizations / Australia / 1159
1158  |  1160
Subject:
2879 Bi-planes and dingies (was re: MB aircraft carriers in Oz )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 23:40:04 GMT

In lugnet.org.au, Peter White writes:
Big W Penrith out of battleships, only Blue Thunders and Red Sea Kings.
No aircraft carriers or shelf tickets.

Thanks Peter. I found pretty much the whole range at Parramatta TRU, and
picked up a tank (to raise my complement to two, BrikWars here I come ;-)
and a couple of aircraft carriers - I'd have taken more but that was all I
could carry :-)

I'll pick up one more on the weekend and have enough for my project.  In
terms of size, the flight deck is currently planned to be 40 studs x 192
studs, and 24 bricks from waterline to flightdeck.  I haven't worked out the
island yet.

I'm planning on using bi-planes from

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/2879

being similar to what the English flew off carrier decks at the start of
WWII.  I have three of these planes and always thought that that would be
enough :-P

If any Studs dude sees these about, please pick them up for me.

And I still need yellow divers dinghies, if anyone has any laying around.

Richard
Still baldly building something really really really big....