 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 663
Re: MB aircraft carriers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:21:38 GMT

And I think
that the island is held on by tiles to make it possible to remove it more
easily for transport and under hull development, and to make the model • fall
better in a cataclysmic tumble.

Yes, the adding of the wheels is a bit bizarre. It would have been more
logical to do the wheels before commencing any of the above-deck
superstructure.

But then I wouldn't have built the carrier hull in three parts either. I
found it quite hard to get the 3 segments to align correctly when it came
time to put them together, which is probably due to the inferior nature of
the MB brick.

Hence, my comment the other day about the larger model showing up the MB
brick alignment problems more than the smaller models. I think it would have
been less of an issue if the hull had been done as a single piece, as you
would be continually ensuring the alignment as you went. I had no real
alignment problems building the segments, just when joining them.

Admittedly I wasted some time trying to align the studded deck section with
the tiled deck section until I realised that it was supposed to be slightly
lower, so I may have actually created some of my alignment problems in
trying to "fix" my deck alignment non-problem.

Kerry