 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 645
Re: MB sites
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 20:45:10 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Kerry Raymond writes:
Fancy running into you over here.

It looks like we are all taking a walk on the wild side.

Finally bought my own Aircraft Carrier yesterday, they certainly couldn't • fit
any more bricks in that box. I got the last one at that TRU(Chatswood) and
don't remember any battleships there.

When you are finished, please tell me if:

* you have a ton of leftover parts (I had over 60 in all shapes and sizes)
and leftover stickers
* you can explain why the superstructure has so many tiles built into its
base

But be warned. Two weeks ago I bought this set as my first excursion into
Mega Bloks. A week later I went back and bought 6 more. I've having great
fun with them.

Even though I have ten (or is it twelve) of the battleships, I haven't built
one yet, I just got them for the grey elements. By the time we get the bulk
packs we will probably be paying 25-30 cents (Australian) per element, as
opposed to just over 4 cents (Australian) for MB elements.
So for those of us thinking of building castles/walls, a possible MB structure
6 to 7 times bigger is too tempting.
I have built the (khaki) tank and the (khaki) helicopter and both had lots of
extra bits and pieces. MB must go by the baker's dozen theory, throw in some
extras to cover any deficiencies in the packing process.
The tank is a great little kit ($19 AUD at Big W, $24 AUD at TRU) for the
price, mostly basic bricks/plates but still very realistic.
The helicopter is great until you attach the wheels, very chunky, I think I
will do a mod and have it landing on skids instead.

pete.w