 Off-Topic / Geek / 3837
Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 00:37:04 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Gary Blessing writes:

I for one don't have back-ups of some of my images and I think someone else
mentioned the same thing.

You will want to revisit that strategy, I think. You should always have
backups of things that you consider important, and not rely on external
facilities to keep them safe.

Brickshelf has never ever promised that your images were backed up, or safe
from accidental deletion, or even purposeful deletion.

As a user with moderator powers (on Brickshelf(tm) at any rate, while I have
the power there I have not tried it on Geekshelf(tm)) I *can* delete any
image. I *cannot*, as the system is architected and implemented currently,
determine the email of a user while looking at their folder and send them a
note about it, unless I have overlooked function I was not aware of. Keep
that in mind.

(note that regular users not being able to determine emails of other regular
users is probably a good thing from the spam prevention aspect)

++Lar