 Off-Topic / Geek / 3818
Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 20:40:40 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Net net here is that more guidance is needed. Marking things off topic is
one thing, deleting them quite another. Some more firm guidelines should be
given to the moderators to help them make the decisions more automatic and
more repeatable. Right now the process isn't even CMM level 1. (and if you
know what that means you're a software geek!)

It sounds like we really need a good policy description of what is and
is not allowed. I was under the impression that in the past, at least
small amounts of personal stuff were allowed (as they help illustrate
the person who's LEGO or geeky pictures are there).

Right now, I'm wondering if I will ever bother uploading to Brickshelf
or Geekshelf in the future. There just seems to be too much uncertainty.
I suppose I'll be looking for new places to host my pictures, or perhaps
I'll just not bother.

Sorry if the above sounds like a bit of a rant, but I'm really
frustrated with how this has been handled. I have not seen an adequate
description of what happened to provoke this and/or what the new policy
is. Larry is about the only person who has publicized that he is a
moderator (ok, I think Dan Boger has mentioned moderating also, and of
course I assume Kevin is doing moderating).

Sadly, what I am seeing overall, is a fracturing of our community. I
hear more and more folks being frustrated by one or another posting war
on Lugnet, and now the Brickshelf issues. Right now, for myself, I am
spending more and more of my energy on local activities (I will be at
BrickFest this year, but I'm teetering on the edge of organizing
things).

I probably should set follow ups to someplace, but I don't know. I
probably shouldn't even post this.

Frank