 Off-Topic / Geek / 3815
Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 19:46:47 GMT

Kevin & All,

So I guess I will need to ask again then, are vehicles allowed or not? If
not, all vehicles should be removed from Geekshelf, if we are being
consistant. If not, I think the moderators need to be a little more uniform
in their appraisals.

Are the vehicles geeky or are they just pictures of random cars?

Well, if I am considered "geeky", most people think I am strange, they are
pictures of my cars, then I guess you can call them geeky cars.

Here are a few examples of my vehicles (I did not load everything up, just
the three main examples).

http://www.geekshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=152

Here are again the other vehicles I called into question earlier.

http://www.geekshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=173
http://www.geekshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=248

Does the picture provide some expression of the geek lifestyle or is it just
a picture of a car?

I think all of these are pictures of peoples cars, as opposed to a "geek
lifestyle".

Try using folder names and descriptions to clarify
the significance of ordinary looking things (I'm not saying your cars
are ordinary, since I don't remember the specific folder in question).

Are cars ok?  Sure, as long as they are geek-related.

Well, I am getting confused here, Kevin, and you will have to excuse me for
it, but I don't see your definitions of geeky or not. Above I posted three
examples of what I was referring to, maybe you can define what or what is
not geeky and I can see it in a better light.

Maybe some better definitions of what and what is not geeky could help
others as well.

Scott S.