 Off-Topic / Geek / 3826
Re: Trusted Users (was Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 22:04:18 GMT

Lindsay & All,

Likewise.  I'd also be happy to pay a small fee to ensure that status--
I'd bet that those who seek to use the site to post idiocy and offensive
things would be unwilling to put any amount of money where their mouths
are.  Nothing too crazy, just maybe $10 (because that second digit
scares away the casual hooligans).  I'd bet that the biggest uploaders
would easily make "trusted" status and would be happy to pay that, if
not more, for the exposure they get.

I would not mind paying that as well. It would help Kevin and others out.

Lord knows I agree with Kevin's consternation over the whole thing, so
anything that can be done to limit his distraction from responsibilities
in his life (especially the job that pays the bills!) is a good thing.

Well, I agree to some extent, I think it is bad when people upload things
that have to be monitored. However, some of these monitoring issues are
occuring, and a lot of questions keep coming up. I am sorry to bring it up,
but it troubled me. If there is a better way to approach these kind of
issues, I am more than happy to hear about it.

I'm not faulting Kevin here either, I think he is doing a good job, and what
is happening is totally understandable, and I support it. I am just asking
to get clarification about my situation.

Hopefully that won't mean the end of Brickshelf, however.

Indeed.

Scott S.