 Off-Topic / Geek / 3816
Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 19:50:06 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Kevin Loch writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Scott E. Sanburn writes:

Are the vehicles geeky or are they just pictures of random cars?  Does
the picture provide some expression of the geek lifestyle or is it just
a picture of a car?  Try using folder names and descriptions to clarify
the significance of ordinary looking things (I'm not saying your cars
are ordinary, since I don't remember the specific folder in question).

Are cars ok?  Sure, as long as they are geek-related.

I think that what Scott was trying to express is that to some people, cars
are inherently geeky; in North America especially.  There's lots and lots of
people who obsess and geek out about cars, but it's not often refered to
that way because cars are an "acceptable" subject of geekery to the general
culture.

$0.02
James
(who finds vehicles a foreign and mystical subject, at best)