 Off-Topic / Geek / 3824
Re: Trusted Users (was Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 21:53:14 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Chris Maddison writes:

On behalf of most of Lugnet, (I'm assuming here, don't shoot me) I sincerely
hope that this is taken into consideration.

-Chris Maddison

I wholeheartedly second this, Chris, Kevin, and all.

   Likewise.  I'd also be happy to pay a small fee to ensure that status--
   I'd bet that those who seek to use the site to post idiocy and offensive
   things would be unwilling to put any amount of money where their mouths
   are.  Nothing too crazy, just maybe $10 (because that second digit
   scares away the casual hooligans).  I'd bet that the biggest uploaders
   would easily make "trusted" status and would be happy to pay that, if
   not more, for the exposure they get.

   Lord knows I agree with Kevin's consternation over the whole thing, so
   anything that can be done to limit his distraction from responsibilities
   in his life (especially the job that pays the bills!) is a good thing.
   Hopefully that won't mean the end of Brickshelf, however.

   all best

   LFB