 Off-Topic / Geek / 3808
  Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question

(...) Also, there is an Anime image on the recent page that has a picture of a female with a see-thru shirt on. I know its anime, but its pretty realistic. I am too wondering what the guidelines are. Mark (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question

Mark & All, (...) Yes, I have seen that as well this morning. And here are some more vehicles: (URL) it be possible to have some type of explanation of who deleted these pictures of mine, and the reason why, since there seems to be a good deal of (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question

(...) Keep in mind that different moderators may make different decisions about what is on-topic and what is not. Also, other content in the folder may sway their opinion about wether the folder as a whole is on-topic or not. Finally, since the site (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question

Kevin & All, (...) That's strange, but OK. (...) Well, since you are the head of it, Kevin, I would hope that you can define that same page. (...) So I guess I will need to ask again then, are vehicles allowed or not? If not, all vehicles should be (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question

(...) It's not as simple as Brickshelf where it either has LEGO related content or it doesn't. (...) Are the vehicles geeky or are they just pictures of random cars? Does the picture provide some expression of the geek lifestyle or is it just a (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question

Kevin & All, (...) Well, if I am considered "geeky", most people think I am strange, they are pictures of my cars, then I guess you can call them geeky cars. Here are a few examples of my vehicles (I did not load everything up, just the three main (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question

(...) I think that what Scott was trying to express is that to some people, cars are inherently geeky; in North America especially. There's lots and lots of people who obsess and geek out about cars, but it's not often refered to that way because (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question

(...) Well put. I think cars can be geeky even if you haven't done unusual things to them. (like some of the tricked out Audis on that one page are) I once had 8 cars under my control (7 that I had title to and one that I just had custody of) but (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question

(...) It sounds like we really need a good policy description of what is and is not allowed. I was under the impression that in the past, at least small amounts of personal stuff were allowed (as they help illustrate the person who's LEGO or geeky (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question

Frank & All, (...) Indeed. (...) I can understand why it is needed, but it is frustrating sometimes. (...) Indeed. I think someone (or several examples) of porn related items, I saw a few of them from time to time, and Kevin decided to make this (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question

(...) You might have a point. This has suddenly become a full time activity, and is taking alot of time away from other (paying) work. Maybe I should just shut the gallery down to save everyone the trouble of fussing over what's on-topic and allow (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Trusted Users (was Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question)

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Kevin Loch writes: <snippage> (...) Kevin, while I understand why the moderation takes place, and can imagine how frustrating it is to you, let me reiterate points that John Barnes and Lar (among others?) raised. I would (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Trusted Users (was Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question)

(...) <snip> (...) Ditto (...) Forgive me if I stray into the fantastic side of things for a minute - I'm not a computer buff. How about cross referencing Brickshelf and Lugnet so that those with Lugnet memberships are trusted users? That would (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Trusted Users (was Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question)

(...) I wholeheartedly second this, Chris, Kevin, and all. Tim Courtney (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Trusted Users (was Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question)

(...) Likewise. I'd also be happy to pay a small fee to ensure that status-- I'd bet that those who seek to use the site to post idiocy and offensive things would be unwilling to put any amount of money where their mouths are. Nothing too crazy, (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Trusted Users (was Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question)

(...) Just as a note, folks - this is what currently is (at least for current content; I'm not sure about new). Most of my folders are unmoderated, but they're still quite viewable on my webpages here: (URL) "view now and moderate later" is (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Trusted Users (was Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question)

Lindsay & All, (...) I would not mind paying that as well. It would help Kevin and others out. (...) Well, I agree to some extent, I think it is bad when people upload things that have to be monitored. However, some of these monitoring issues are (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Trusted Users (was Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question)

(...) Agreed. The way I see it (if I may be so bold to suggest this) We all pay $10 (or whatever). Kevin gets money to help run the site and whatnot, and we get to be moderation-free and instant-uploady. Now, of course, if someone directs Kevin to (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Trusted Users (was Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question)

(...) Sure, I'd even pay $10 to help Kevin out with the site and to have trusted user status. I'm very interested in seeing a solution to this. Brickshelf is a great (free) resource and I applaud Kevin for it. I understand totally his potential (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

Kevin Loch <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in message news:Gyn46p.7EJ@lugnet.com... (...) <sniped because lugnet hates long quotes.> (...) Ahhhhhh..... I had always interpreted the off-topic to mean it was for anything non-lego related. Are you notifying (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question

(...) You will want to revisit that strategy, I think. You should always have backups of things that you consider important, and not rely on external facilities to keep them safe. Brickshelf has never ever promised that your images were backed up, (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)