 Off-Topic / Geek / 2415
Re: "jump.cgi" considered harmful ? (1)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 16:51:31 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Larry Pieniazek writes:
[...]
How about the GOB? that's a low traffic site, and we can ask the person who
runs it about the plumbing to the internet, it's his box...
www.bricksmiths.com?
bricksmiths.com [63.217.235.34]
Maybe it's me (and others) who have dodgy connections somewhere? My ISP
isn't the greatest, that's for sure.

OK, I put in links to that nine different ways -- each of

   http://www.bricksmiths.com/
   http://63.217.235.34/
   http://1071246114/

and each of those with %3A substituted for : in the jump.cgi parameter, and
without jump.cgi.

Note:  On the numeric raw-IP versions of the URLs, the webserver reports
"No web site is configured at this address."  nslookup confirms that
www.bricksmiths.com is 63.217.235.34.  This probably isn't the best test,
but since it's the webserver reporting the error message, you're still
getting a response from it.

To test, reload this page and click the links:

   http://www.lugnet.com/test/jump/colontest.html

--Todd