 Off-Topic / Geek / 2414
Re: "jump.cgi" considered harmful ? (1)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 06:05:02 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Todd Lehman writes:
Ah.  Let's try a different URL, then.  You name it.  And let's put in a raw
IP address as well, so we can rule out DNS.

Sounds good in theory, but I confess I don't know one offhand that would be
a good test. Large ones are likely to use caching weirdness and small ones
may have thin pipes that might throw us off. Or so I surmise.

Hmm... how about my firm? as far as I know we don't cache. But our front
page has ucky flash on it which may distort things.

How about the GOB? that's a low traffic site, and we can ask the person who
runs it about the plumbing to the internet, it's his box...

www.bricksmiths.com?

bricksmiths.com [63.217.235.34]

Maybe it's me (and others) who have dodgy connections somewhere? My ISP
isn't the greatest, that's for sure.

++Lar