 Off-Topic / Fun / 9522
Re: Questions on Bathing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 12:56:05 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Richard Marchetti writes:
But while we're here, what is the purpose of a toilet seat lid?  Have you
ever thought about it?  Have you ever been in a restroom where the seats had
no such lids?

Before this thread goes completely lifeless, let me wrap up what I was going
to say here...

The purpose of the toilet seat lid is supposed to be to keep spray and
atomized water from leaving the toilet when one flushes it.

Many public restroom toilets have no such lids, and often flush VERY
powerfully.  Such flushing power sprays and atomizes the dirty water and it
is the case that in some restrooms urine and fecal matter can be found on
walls, ceilings, mirrors, counters, and washbowls, upwards of 20 feet away.

-- Hop-Frog