 Off-Topic / Fun / 9495
Re: Questions on Bathing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 23:39:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Richard Marchetti writes:

I don't mind enough odor to let
people know I am a human being instead of a roll-on deodorant stick or
bottle of cologne.

FWIW, I think it's interesting that people separate out the idea of doing
something for a health reason (like bathing) from the idea of relaxation,
almost as if to relax was an unnecessary or unworthy activity -- or it may

You gently commented about my multiple showering thing earlier possibly being
too much of a good thing.  I'm not obsessed with my odor either.  I wear
deodorant about once a month -- like if I'm going to a wedding or something and
I have never worn any kind of perfume aside from that idigenous to my Shampoo
and deodorant.  I prefer the smell of people to perfumes.

Also, I take my many showers and soaks as much to feel good as anything else.
When I spend four hours of back-breaking labor in the garden, I like to shower
the sweat and fatigue away and dip in the hot tub for a fifteen minute read
with a cold beverage.  It really is mostly for comfort and I think that
showering (hot or cold!) just feels good.

Chris