 Off-Topic / Fun / 9513
Re: Questions on Bathing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 09:56:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Kevin Wilson writes:
crunch-o-matic wrote in message ...
Did you know in St. Croix the toilets and showers run on sea water? I think
it would be a good idea to have coastal communities like LA and NYC use • this
method. How much fresh water would that save in a years time?

Interesting.

Hmmm. What do they do with the used seawater? Does it go through a treatment
plant like the fresh water? Same treatment plant or an extra one? Or do they
just dump it right back in the sea?

My bet would be that it goes into the common sewer for treatment before being
dumped back into the sea.

I'd hate to have all my showers be seawater, how would you get the salt off
afterwards?

I agree!  I take a shower when I come out of the sea just to get the sea goo
off.

Chris