 Off-Topic / Fun / 9486
9485  |  9487
Subject:
Questions on Bathing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 04:16:42 GMT

Hey Y'all:

I have some questions on bathing and I am having difficulty finding any
information on the subject.  Once, a long time ago, I read an article in
Smithsonian magazine that gave both an historical overview of bathing
practices around the world and a practical "how to" on bathing technique.
Has anyone seen anything even remotely similar to such essays on the internet?

While I don't bath absolutely every day, I rarely go more than three days
without at least showering.  Part of my full bathing technique includes
periodically (once a week, sometimes only twice a month) soaking for at
least 20 minutes in a tub of warm water so that I may properly slough off
dead skin and oils with mildly abrasives cleansers and/or sponges.  I
usually follow up the bath with a short shower to rinse all the grungy bath
stuff off of my person.

Tonight on the television program "60 Minutes" the final commentator opined
that bathtubs were useless and should be gotten rid of.  I couldn't help but
feel that he was VERY misinformed about the benefits of a bathtub and proper
bathing techniques.

Am I crazed?  Do other people REALLY not know why or how to bath?  Am I some
kind of super-clean freak?

-- Hop-Frog