 Off-Topic / Fun / 9496
Re: Questions on Bathing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 05:46:28 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
You gently commented about my multiple showering thing earlier possibly being
too much of a good thing.  I'm not obsessed with my odor either.  I wear
deodorant about once a month -- like if I'm going to a wedding or something
and I have never worn any kind of perfume aside from that idigenous to my
Shampoo and deodorant.  I prefer the smell of people to perfumes.

I wasn't trying to be gentle or otherwise, just stating what I found on the
internet about repeat daily showers esp. during winter months.

I use to swim a lot, and I am quite sure I was probably showering more than
once a day for most of my youth. My main purpose in showering so much was to
get the chlorine off of me, but I admit to being unclear on this subject
because I think tap water has chlorine too -- just perhaps not as much.  The
many showers was probably my mom's suggestion.

Anyway, I am not down on anyone regardless of how they shower or bathe.
Whether someone showers or bathes every day, once a week, or even
infrequently probably has a lot to do with cultural and personal preferences
and it would be pretty weird if I cared what others were doing with their
bodies at that level -- and I don't.  That said, I do think bathtubs have a
legitimate purpose and should be included in most homes.  And like I stated
elsewhere, my views as they exist today were largely shaped by that article
in Smithsonian -- it just made good sense to me.  My starting this thread
has more to do with trying to get a feel for what people thought bathing was
intended to accomplish. I happen to think its a good way to slough off dead
skin.

I am neither a clean or unclean freak, honest.

But while we're here, what is the purpose of a toilet seat lid?  Have you
ever thought about it?  Have you ever been in a restroom where the seats had
no such lids?

It's not my fault that things have utility by design.

-- Hop-Frog (must not discuss bidets...temptation too strong...)