 Off-Topic / Fun / 9501
Re: Questions on Bathing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:28:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler writes:

Further, I'd suggest that, if you prefer the smell of people over perfumes,
you either associate with unusually fragrant people or you've been exposed
only to unusually foul perfumes!  8^)  But if you were given an unmarked
bottle of "human body scent" and an unmarked bottle of "rose scent" can you
honestly say that you would prefer the former?

I've known some pretty foul smelling people.  Sometimes it was because they
didn't scrub and sometimes it was because they lathered themselves in some kind
of perfume.  In either case, if the odor of a person gets in the way of my
thoughts, I don't like it.  That seems to be caused more by old ladies drenched
in perfume than by people who don't bathe.

I like to smell roses (I grow several).  I like the smell of relatively clean
people.  But I don't like the smell caused by mixing super concentrated rose
essence with whale goo and spritzing it onto a person with a fire hose.  I
guess it seems right for roses to smell like roses and people to smell like
people.

Chris