 Off-Topic / Fun / 8393
Re: New Site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 23:04:56 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.build.mecha, Joel Jacobsen writes:
In lugnet.build.mecha, Geordan Hankinson writes:

BTW, you dig DcTalk too? Nice, newsboys aren't all that great in comparison
IMHO, but there a good band anyways.

<snipped> (and wandered over to OTF while we're at it!)

(Say...what's this thread over here in OTF? Christian rock? Cool, I'm in!)

I've never seen DC Talk in concert, so can't comment on their performances
(I suspect it's quite good),

OH! Pick up "Live from the Freak Show"! I haven't been able to catch them
either, but if this CD is any indication, they must be awesome live.

but I've had a chance to see the Newsboys and
that was really good.

Cool...never really got much into NB myself...I was at the album release
concert for Jars of Clay's second album...now THAT was a good show!

I think that was the year we saw Audio Adrenaline and Steven Curtis Chapman,
too.

Wow...real fans! Anyone else aching to see Payable on Death (POD for the
secular fans)? I know the fella' who does their website...it's really good.

Was a good year or so for concerts. Sadly life's been too busy to get
to any since then. eh. :)

Twas that...I think I saw like four Phil Keaggy shows that year! '97 was
good too...I had to get a band for a Christian Ska show, and got to hit
clubs for like a month straight scouting for talent...ended up with the
Israelites playing the show...they were great.

Matt

I just have one thing to say...PETRA.