 Off-Topic / Debate / 14563
Re: New Site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 21:17:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

Lindsay you troublemaker--get out of .debate and go answer my .military
question!

years spent in Catholic College (12 years in college?)

  I think "College" may refer to the campus environment of some
  Catholic day schools.  I could be wrong, though--but D.Div and
  other theological programs are usually 8 years, not 12.  YMMV,
  of course.

Ah--I was confused, because I wouldn't have thought that an adult could have
been kept against his will in a school for 12 years! A day school makes more
sense in that context.

  Oh, yeah, and that fast food thing?  I worked at Taco Bell, I
  still eat at Taco Bell (and in fact have more sympathy for those
  workers because of it); I worked at Domino's, and I still love
  pizza [1] (and tip really well).

Amen.  I also tip really well, and I'm inordinately courteous to servers
even if they're rude to me.  The way I figure it, they're with my food and
out of my line of sight, so I have to establish trust early for my own safety!

Heh.  I recall addressing this with Jesse Long a few years back on RTL:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&selm=35322779.724E%40email.psu.edu

I'm not as pent-up about it now, but it's fun to reminisce...

     Dave!

FUT back to OT.FUN