 Off-Topic / Debate / 14598
Re: New Site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 08:59:58 GMT

"Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message
news:GMJvx9.1G0@lugnet.com...
Never heard of 'em.. Though if you want me to throw any Morbid Angel,
Cannibal Corpse, Bolt Thrower or Ministry your way, just ask...

   AiiiEEEE Cannibal Corpse!  You know, those guys don't even take
   THEMSELVES seriously.  They're sort of like the GWAR of gross.
   Ew.  Ew.  Ew.

Uh-huh. It's when people start taking anything seriously it starts to get
old, really quickly. Whenever this happens, I highly recommend sticking on
some Frank Zappa...

<snip> >
Yup. But I can't resist hassling Christians. It's what I do best. I need
_some_ outlet for being forced to do twelve years in a Catholic • College....

   What is it about religious education that tends to polarize people
   one way or the other?  I don't have any problem with those who
   espouse the Christian (in the US sense) message, provided they're
   engaged in a dialogue with the wider world rather than a tirade
   against it.  Fortunately, most are the former.

Out of the dozen people I still keep in contact with who went to Catholic
School, 2 still attend curch, and even then only on a semi-regular basis. If
you ever want to make sure people stay away in droves, force them to do
something. Of those people I know who _do_ attend mass regulary, they
'found' their reglion after some life changing experience (divorce, prison,
etc), not because the faith was thrust on them.

   (FUT-> .o-t.debate, not because I'm being argumentative, but because
           it's becoming more serious of an information exchange.)

I'm not continuing this anymore. I'm off to listen to some Frank.