 Off-Topic / Fun / 8395
Re: New Site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 23:49:23 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Ryan Wilhelm writes:
In lugnet.build.mecha, Joel Jacobsen writes:
In lugnet.build.mecha, Geordan Hankinson writes:
Hey Ryan!

Site looks great, as do your mechs, the atlas is neat, I like the hands alot.

BTW, you dig DcTalk too? Nice, newsboys aren't all that great in comparison
IMHO, but there a good band anyways.

-Geordan-

<snipped> (and wandered over to OTF while we're at it!)

I've never seen DC Talk in concert, so can't comment on their performances
(I suspect it's quite good), but I've had a chance to see the Newsboys and
that was really good. Sadly it was a while ago... the '96 Take Me To Your
Leader Tour. It was a really good stage show.. they came out (down?)to a
blacked out stage from these platforms that got lowered from above. They
wore these goggles that had flashlights attached to them that had this kind
of alien invader kinda thing going on as the light cut through the fog
generators. Loads of fun. ;)

          Hey, I just saw dcTalk for the first time this summer.  They played
at the TVF Luis Palau Festival.  Toby climbed all over the stage, which worried
the "security" guys.  pretty funky.

You lucky dog! did they play consume me? That song rules.

-Geordan-

                           Ryan

I think that was the year we saw Audio Adrenaline and Steven Curtis Chapman,
too. Was a good year or so for concerts. Sadly life's been too busy to get
to any since then. eh. :)

Joel J