 Off-Topic / Fun / 8424
Re: New Site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 18:04:19 GMT

"Aaron Dalan" <adalan24@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:GMJoDE.4KB@lugnet.com...

You 'classic' rockers are missing out on some great music being made NOW.
Radiohead, Sparklehorse, Built to Spill, and Spiritualized are just some • of
the awesome bands out there...

Radiohead's good, Phish is, Third Eye Blind, 311, etc.  I'm not missing out
on new music, I don't have a CD player in my car.  When my classic rock
stations are playing commercials, I listen to the new stuff.

One thing I absolutely HATE is overplayed music.  That ruins songs in my
opinion, there are songs I used to love which I hate now because of how much
they are played on the radio.

The other thing I hate is the labels and the RIAA overcharging on CDs and
exploiting artists.  I don't want my money going to a label exec getting
rich, I want my money going to the artist who created the song I enjoy.
There's a good debate topic, if anyone cares to pick up on it :-)

-Tim