 Off-Topic / Fun / 495
Re: 6 months!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 18:43:14 GMT

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998 15:33:26 GMT, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve
Bliss) wrote:

playback software.  Burn CD's with 10-15 CDs-worth of music on each.
That would be great for traveling. :)

Note: I am *not* advocating creating mp3-based archive CDs for
distribution or sharing.  Just keeping in that gray area of
duplication for personal use.

But if you have not BOUGHT the music yet, do you even have a right to
duplicate for personal use?

I'd check the warranty on the places you are getting these. If they
are non-copyrighted, you're fine. Otherwise, I would guess that you do
not even have the right to duplicate for personal use. You have the
right to listen.

Sarah Heacock
sarah@eskimo.com