 Off-Topic / Fun / 497
Re: 6 months!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 19:37:25 GMT

Perhaps a Princess... <sarah@eskimo.com> wrote:
But if you have not BOUGHT the music yet, do you even have a right to
duplicate for personal use?

No, of course you don't.

I'd check the warranty on the places you are getting these. If they
are non-copyrighted, you're fine. Otherwise, I would guess that you do
not even have the right to duplicate for personal use. You have the
right to listen.

Nah, you really do have the right to make copies for your personal use.

Furthermore, if they try to deny it, there's all sorts of shady issues.
Like, do you have the right to copy digital music to a ram buffer while it's
being played?